Mobile pre-purchase inspections for used cars located within 10 miles of downtown Portland (zip code 97227) start at $250. We can tailor the inspection to meet your needs and it includes high resolution photos of any issues uncovered.
Please contact us at 503-893-9565 or by email at info (at) espritmotors.com for more information and to schedule an inspection.
We offer comprehensive pre-purchase inspections for your convenience, whether you’re present or not.
Our experienced team dedicates one to two hours to meticulously examining every aspect of the vehicle, both physically and mechanically.
During the inspection, we thoroughly assess for signs of an accident and evaluate the overall mechanical condition to ensure that you’re equipped with vital information before making your decision. If you’re not local to Portland, we can provide detailed photo documentation to uncover any undisclosed damage or conditions from the ad.
With nine years of experience as a trusted used car dealer, we’ve conducted pre-purchase inspections on hundreds of vehicles, honing our expertise to identify potential costly repairs or previous accident damage.
Trust us to go beyond surface details, prioritizing your confidence and peace of mind in your next vehicle investment.
Pre-Purchase Inspection in the Portland Metro Area
Professional, comprehensive pre-purchase inspection of a vehicle located in the Portland metro area.
What can be included with a pre-purchase inspection?
- Exterior Inspection. Look for signs of accident damage, paint that doesn’t match, non-original body panels, signs of repaint, or badly faded or scratched paint, dings, dents, and rust.
- Interior Inspection. Look for signs of unusual wear and tear. Is the driver seat ripped, worn or sagging? Is there evidence that there was a water leak? Dog or kid damage? Smoke or mildew smells? Holes in the carpet? Are the floor mats, or cargo cover present?
- Engine Health. Ideally, start the engine when cold, look for signs of hard starting, and smoke on startup. Look for poor running, smoke, rough idle, and lack of power.
- Transmission Health. Does the transmission shift properly, clunk when going into gear, or slip? Does the clutch engage properly for a manual transmission, and does it crunch between gears?
- Suspension Test. Listen for suspension rattles and clunks, and signs of worn shocks, and check if the car pulls or if the tires are unevenly worn.
- Brakes. Do the brakes make any noise? Does it pull to one side when braking? Are the pads and rotors worn and need changing? Is the brake fluid clean or dirty? Any ABS warning lights?
- Emissions. Scan the vehicle and check that all the emissions tests have run and trouble codes weren’t cleared in order to sell the car.
- Electrical Tests. Check the battery health and age to let you know if the car will soon need a new battery, or charging system health. Check electrical accessories to make sure they all work (fan, windows, radio, defroster, etc.)
- Tires. Check the age and tread depth on the tires, for unusual wear, and if there are different types of tires.
- Airbag and safety equipment. Confirm that the airbag system is working properly, as well as the seatbelts.
- Lighting. Check that the headlights, interior, parking lights, and turn signals all work.
- Glass Check. Look for stars and cracks in the windshield or signs that the windshield was replaced.
Option services during pre-purchase inspections.
We are happy to tailor your pre-purchase inspection to your needs. Here are some ideas of what past customers have requested to have included in their inspection:
- CARFAX or AutoCheck reports. If you don’t have a CARFAX or AutoCheck account (which we recommend when shopping for a used car) and the dealer doesn’t provide one, we can run them at our cost. A CARFAX will also often help identify the maintenance history.
- Additional Photographs. Take photos of all major and minor damage and document trouble areas the seller might be trying to minimize. Take videos of the car running or to show paint damage.
- Undercarriage Inspection. The basic inspection includes a quick look at the undercarriage for obvious signs of damage, but if you need a more thorough inspection, we can bring a jack and jack stands and get a more detailed inspection.
- Additional Scans. On newer cars, we can also run a full vehicle scan to identify other issues that might be lurking, such as issues with the body controller (which controls things like power windows, sunroofs, etc.), transmission fault codes, etc.
- Repair Estimates. We can give you a rough estimate to fix issues we find, or spend more time getting detailed quotes, if needed.